thumbnail

Cucumber Diet To Lose Weight: What You Need To Know

  Cucumber diet? What in the world is this new diet I asked myself a few months ago!

 



 

 

Well, as someone who’s always working to keep off my weight loss, I had to try this and it worked.

 

The cucumber diet is a fad diet and many overweight persons have seen amazing results after just a few days.

 

For the past 5 years, I have tried various weight loss programs, I have done water fasting and intermittent fasting to lose excess weight.

 

So, in this article, I will share with you all I know and what I’ve experienced with the cucumber diet.

 

Pin For Later To Your Favorite Pinterest Board!

 

What is the cucumber diet?

 

The name speaks for itself but let’s see what’s behind the cucumber diet and how you can shed some serious pounds pretty fast!

The cucumber diet is a diet based on the consumption of meals, prepared primarily from cucumber.

 

You can include it in salads, snacks and even shakes and juices.

 

During this time where you’ll be on a cucumber diet, you will be cutting most of your calorie intake.

 

With that said, the cucumber diet SHOULD NOT be used as a long term method for losing weight.

 

Why should you consider the cucumber diet?

 

First, let’s see the composition of a cucumber so you can have an idea how the nutrients inside can help you lose weight.

 

Cucumbers are made up of water. Actually, 90% of a cucumber consists of water.

 

The high content of water in cucumbers make them amazingly refreshing to eat. Some people really binge on them during summer because of their reviving powers.

 

They are also rich in nutrients like protein, vitamin K, vitamin C, magnesium, fiber and more.

 

According to the USDA, one 142-g cup of unpared, raw, chopped cucumber contains the following nutrients:

 

  • water: 137 g
  • calories: 17
  • protein: 0.8 g
  • fat: 0.2 g
  • carbohydrate: 3.1 g, including 2.0 g of sugar
  • fiber: 1.0 g
  • calcium: 19.9 g
  • iron: 0.3 mg
  • magnesium: 17 mg
  • phosphorus: 29.8 mg
  • potassium: 193 mg
  • sodium: 2.8 mg
  • vitamin C: 4.5 mg
  • folate: 19.9 mcg
  • beta carotene: 44 mcg
  • lutein + zeaxanthin 22.7 mcg
  • vitamin K: 10.2 mcg

 

And a few of these nutrients play a huge role in weight loss. This is to say that the cucumber diet can really help you lose those fat cells quickly.

 

Some of you may ask “can cucumber reduce belly fat?”

My answer to this is yes since I have noticed a small difference in my tummy after 7 days on the cucumber diet. Apologies for not sharing pictures of my belly! (I just don’t like showing off my body)

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About